Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have SIX hedgehogs to determine/confirm color on & I'm hoping you guys can help me. All of them are at least 13 weeks or older. Please click the photos below to enlarge the image and see more pictures (& in some cases videos) of each hedgehog. (A little disclaimer - some of the hedgies look a little oily in their pics because they got bathed with some olive oil to help with quilling & skin mites when we first got them & hubby used a little too much oil.)

Prinny
Is he an Algerian dark-eyed cinnicot?

Weedle
At 6 weeks old, we thought he looked to be Algerian Chocolate.

But by 2 1/2 months old, he turned into a beautiful snowflake. I'm wondering if he's Algerian Chocolate snowflake (his banded quills are still about the same color & his face is still dark) and what percentage of snowflake you would say he is I'm sorry I don't have many pics of him, I'll try to add some more to the album soon.

Eevee
I'm guessing her to be Standard Chocolate.

Skitty
Standard Cinnamon?

Pichu
I believe she is a Dark-eyed Apricot (standard or Algerian?) and I'm not sure if the white quills are pinto or snowflake. Anyone?

Cherubi
I'm guessing she is a Standard Grey Pinto. I'll see about getting more pics of her soon too because I think she was pretty young in these.

Thanks so much for any help you can give me on this.

Misty

·
Registered
543 Posts
It is extremely hard to determine color from one picture. You really need to see all seven indicators, The eighth (or first) being age.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Reaper,

As I said in my post, if you click on the pictures, it will take you to a larger image & you can browse the photo album to see more pics of each hedgehog. Each hedgie in the pics is I'd say between 10 weeks and 8 months old. I hope that helps. I'll try to add more pics to the albums soon, but I think I have quite a few in most of them.

Thanks,
Misty

·
Registered
36 Posts
Adorable names!!!

Most seemed spot on. Prinny appears to be a cinnamon to me, as by the video, and the pictures, he has black eyes? He is a lighter brown, so cinnamon?

Pichu, to my understanding, is pinto. A snowflake needs to have equal amount of each, equally placed around, to my understanding. It appears Pichu has two large spots on her back, where there are few white quills.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
I would say:

Prinny: Algerian Dark Eyed Cinnicot if he has black eyes (it looks to me like the nose is too light for cinnamon), Algerian Cinnicot if he has ruby eyes
Weedle: Algerian Grey Snowflake (I'm not sure what you'd need the percentage of white quills for... you'd have to just guess)
Eevee: If all the pictures in her folder are of her, then she's she looks like a White Bellied Chocolate Snowflake. I'm tempted to say Algerian from the double banding on the quills but from how dark her quills are I think her mask would have to be darker for her to be Algerian.
Skitty: Algerian Cinnamon, though it looks like the quills are more brown than orange, but that could just be the lighting.
Pichu: Pichu definitely looks like she has ruby eyes. I would say Algerian Champagne Pinto (she's pretty light so it might be hard to tell a difference, but pinto makes the skin underneath pink)
Cherubi: Algerian Grey Pinto

Hope that helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts