Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i decided to see what i was like breeding rats couse they do make great pets and iv had them in the past so i got and paired who i wanted and a few weeks water...
i got 36 BABIES!!!!!
its a lot but i found homes for all of them but 6 so far and they arnt even ready to leave until sept. 12th
this is my last time breeding for me lol to much work with so many rats..for now at least. So, Im keeping 4 of the boys and that's it :(
its so much fun seeing the babies grown and get there personalities!!Out of my litters i got...
17 Siamese dumbo's, one of which is a silver point and three are speckled seal points, about 5 out of this litter are rex(curly fur and whiskers) and then i got about 8 rex black self(the color raps all the way around there tummy) dumbos, two golden amber dumbos, a silver blue dumbo, a few chocolates, a black dalmatian dumbo, a chocolate capped, a black hooded dumbo, and a black and white spotted one that looks like a cow lol
they are around 2 1/2-3 weeks old right now, they are just getting there eyes open.

im keeping a black self rex dumbo male, the one what looks like a cow thats a male, a speckled Siamese dumbo male, and a rex seal point dumbo male.

there names are in order-Java,Mocha, Cappuccino, and Latte'
there so cute!! But the Siamese babies haven't got there points in, that's why they don't have any if you were curious

ill post a few pics of some of the babies for you guys :)

Black rex dumbo

Silver Siamese

Silver Siamese and Black hooded dumbo

Chocolate capped(this one has a arrow on its butt :p ) and Black Self dumbo

Black rex and Black hooded dumbo

Speckled Siamese

Seal Point Siamese

Black Self Dumbo-this one below has its eyes open :)

Chocolate

·
Registered
90 Posts
They are so cute!!!!

I haven't seen baby rats in ages, used to breed them myself a few years ago and loved playing with the little cutie pies.

Nice pics :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Very cute babies!

Just curious, what makes rats good pets? I mean, what do you like about them?
I want to learn a little more about them, because most people are often like, "ewwww rat!"

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahava said:
Very cute babies!

I want to learn a little more about them, because most people are often like, "ewwww rat!"
sent you a PM, send me your email and ill talk with you that way, its just easier to me :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
curly haired rats!! i've never seen that before. a family friend used to have 2 rats and they were so friendly and lovey. i keep thinking that i might want a rat but then i remember the time i found one in my underwear drawer when i was a kid... it was a wild one but i still hold a bit of a grudge against them all, lol.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
leannem said:
curly haired rats!! i've never seen that before. a family friend used to have 2 rats and they were so friendly and lovey. i keep thinking that i might want a rat but then i remember the time i found one in my underwear drawer when i was a kid... it was a wild one but i still hold a bit of a grudge against them all, lol.
you really should give them a chance :)
and yes, curly fur.
its really neat..more like VERY wavy courser fur.. i like it more.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ahava said:
Very cute babies!

In my experience, rats are the most social and outgoing of the rodents. Not shy and not afraid to play with, I find them easily socialized as pets for people. It's hard to get people to look past their look (especially as adults, tons of people are afraid sadly) but compared to hamsters, gerbils, etc. they are tons more fun to have and enjoy.

Babies are so cute though, and soft!! that baby fur is irresistible!

·
Registered
508 Posts
ahhh! babys!!!!! they are soo cute! i love the one with the arrow on its but! hehe
gahhh there just so cute and little! :mrgreen:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts