Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
A 30g tank would be too small. Furthermore, tanks offer pretty poor ventilation.

The minimum size for a hedgehog would be 4ft x 2ft, but bigger is always better!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A 30g tank would be too small. Furthermore, tanks offer pretty poor ventilation.

The minimum size for a hedgehog would be 4ft x 2ft, but bigger is always better!
the tank is meant for reptiles not fish im trying to convince my parents that its too small for her because its a literal rectangle and she has like no room to run

im turning 13 in 2 months and the cage is exactly my arm length but they wont get her a new one cause they spent 200 dollars on the tank and the pet store told them that a 30 gallon tank is enough

·
Registered
145 Posts
As 30 gallons are the volume, we don't know how large the floor is. But you're writing it's definitely too small - is it possible to increase the surface by a built-in upper floor? You could resell the tank, but I guess your parents could only sell it for less than 200. Well, you could get something like a playpen for your hedgie?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As 30 gallons are the volume, we don't know how large the floor is. But you're writing it's definitely too small - is it possible to increase the surface by a built-in upper floor? You could resell the tank, but I guess your parents could only sell it for less than 200. Well, you could get something like a playpen for your hedgie?
we have a play pen for her but it cant be used as her home cause of the size of it but i brought up the 2 plastic tub idea to them and they said they will think about it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts