Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I am purchasing a medium size C&C cage (3.5x2 grid w/ 1x2 loft) for my hedgie that I am picking up in two weeks and am debating on which wheel will fit best and give him enough room to be comfortable and happy.

Which one will be better? The CSW or CSBW?

If I buy a litter pan, will it fit under the CSBW?

Thanks!

·
Registered
364 Posts
The Carolina Storm Bucket Wheel will be best for that cage. A Carolina Storm Wheel is too tall for the cage, and you'd have to make adjustments, which can be a pain. You can probably find a cheap baking tray to fit under the CSBW, or make one from coroplast.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
I think with the CSW you will need to modify the cage top to fit the wheel, with the CSBW this is not an issue it will fit with or without a litter pan. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh okay! Then you can put a litter pan under a CSBW? Also, I've heard things about the CSBW getting super hot...will that cause any problems, or does it not even really get that hot?

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
SpiltOJ said:
Oh okay! Then you can put a litter pan under a CSBW? Also, I've heard things about the CSBW getting super hot...will that cause any problems, or does it not even really get that hot?
Litter pan will work with the CSBW and no it does not get hot lol. :)

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
nikki said:
I'm curious where you heard the wheel gets hot? How does a wheel get hot? I'm confused.
Person made a thread calling it the carolina steam bucket and I made a corny joke :lol: Here's the thread my reply is like 3rd or 4th down :) viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12428&start=0

1 - 10 of 10 Posts