Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any advice about having two hedgies? It looks like I will be rescuing another little boy soon. The current owner does not have the time to take care of him and plans on going to school in states that hedgies are not allowed.
I know i have to keep them in different rooms for at least 30 days and that the two boys can never meet etc. I just did not know if anyone had any other advice that owns more than one hedgie.
How do you make sure that one does not get jealous over the other one or do they not seem to notice that others are around etc.?
I have had my current hedgie for over a year and read this site and CnQ daily. I am just more of a reader than I am a responder so please do not think i have not done any research before jumping into what i like to call "Hedgie life"
just would like a few pointers or tips from all of you! :geek:

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
I only once noticed a problem with jealousy and that was with two female. When I got baby Kei, Snow was obviously jealous of her and would go after her. I have a cute picture of Peaches stepping in between Snow and little Kei. Of course the girls interacted together, unlike boy. http://www.freewebs.com/thehedgieden/therainbowbridge.htm Scroll down to Kei's page, the picture is the top right.

I get rescues/rehomes all the time and don't notice anyone has an issue with it. The newbies are always interested in the bedding when they first get it but otherwise, I see nothing other than some air sniffing by the newbie when s/he goes to the hedgie room. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.