Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and daughter were taking care of Bella for a few days while I was out of town. When I got home I found that the timer on her light had been unplugged - I think one of my daughter's friends unplugged it to charge her phone :mad: . Heating was untouched and they were good about cleaning up after her. Bella seems fine, but what could the effects of that have been? She's in a darker part of the house for the winter so really relies upon those lights.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Pick her up and check on her. In this case if she is acting normal you are probably fine. Make sure her heat is where it should be and the timer is working properly.

Next step is to prevent it from happening again. If you have everything for her on a surge protector it's a bit easier. Label cords. Check daily. I have a one of those wax tart warmers plugged in right outside the room with my hedgehogs. In the morning I go turn the lights on, check on everyone, check the temps and turn the wax warmer on as I leave the room. In the evening when I feed and turn off the light I turn the warmer off.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She's acting fine and I've taken the young lady to task about messing with the set up. I've taken a lot into consideration but teenage attitude and ignorance hadn't made the list. Everything is labeled now.

The tart warmer - is that fit the hedgehogs or as a reminder for you? What kind of scents do you put in it?

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
It's strictly a reminder for me, and smells pretty. I have way too many kinds, I find them for a dollar and go nuts. It doesn't help that my husband uses them at work in his office so I get the ones that aren't great for an office like bourbon butter cream frosting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts