Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bandit has been with me since my birthday, Nov. 23rd of this year and he still huffs when I pick him up and everything. He nips me too, but that's because there was no food in his dish (silly me). What can I do to get more trust with him? I take him out a lot, he loves playing in my bed sheets, but still doesn't seem to like me. Can someone give me some tips and such? I really love my Bandit, but I want him to trust me! D:

·
Registered
23 Posts
some hedgehogs are more naturally huffy than others....just like people....

You are doing well by holding him each day. Keep it up. You can offer him treats when you hold him. Move very slowly when around him so he doesn't keep startling. Sometimes it takes a very long time for a hedgehog to warm up to people. Other times, it's fast and easy. Most of it depends on the hedgehog's inate personality. Most hedgies can learn to tolerate people...some LOVE people and others just tolerate us! LOL Be gentle and speak softly to him. Let him know you like him just the way he is....if he comes around more, great, if not, he's still a special boy!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bandit is only seven months and also he nips sometimes x.x I think it's maybe if I don't feed him first or he's tired, I unno.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts