Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - Quill Loss due to Dry Skin?? Already had Vet Visit
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 10:14 PM   #22 (permalink)
SushE

Default Continued Quill Loss after a year..

Hi all,

It has been some time since I last posted regarding Gimli's odd situation. Unfortunately, he is still losing quills. I have since given him sulfur dip baths, Itraconazole, Clavamox, disinfected his toys/wheel/cage with diluted bleach and changed out his bedding each day. He is now only losing 1-4 quills a day, but I am hoping to get it down to 0.

I am trying a new strategy by quarantining him for a month and giving him a higher monthly dosage of Revolution (per the vet's suggestion). I am spraying down the area where his home usually is with a suggested bug killer and will be making a new coroplast liner for his cage. Needless to say, he misses his roomy cage, but I had to give it a try. He and I are both quite discouraged with the lack of change in his quill loss since he has been in his quarantining home (23 days of quarantining and still loses 1-4 quills).

Now, my vet is suggesting we perform a biopsy. Gimli has been through so much lately so prior to going into that, I was wondering if anyone has had a similar situation that could provide some advice. Any information or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Last edited by SushE; 08-23-2016 at 10:17 PM.
SushE is offline   Reply With Quote