Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - Cutting a fussy hedgie's nails.
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 11:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
KathyTNY

Default Re: Cutting a fussy hedgie's nails.

My new hog (a rehome) Pippin has never had his nail trimmed with his other family. They were horribly long and terribly dirty. I just got him on Saturday and have had NO CHOICE but to start him right out with a bath and tonight I JUST had to try and clip a couple of the bad nails.

I washed his poopy boots and he is quite a monkey about trying to climb out of the wash tub. So, while he spent all his strength on trying to climb out into the towel my daughter was holding I ways able to cut two of the really bad nails. It was hard, and I hate to stress him out so early in our relationship ...... but I try to be calm and get what I can and get out!!!!

Always just baby steps.

Good luck!
They set off together down the path to return the fresh laundry to the little animals and birds in the neighbourhood. Lucie mounts the stile and turns to thank Mrs. Tiggy-winkle. "But what a very odd thing!" Mrs. Tiggy-winkle is running running running up the hill. Her cap, shawl, and print gown are nowhere to be seen. How small and brown she has grown and covered with prickles! "Why! Mrs. Tiggy-winkle is nothing but a HEDGEHOG!"

Beatrix Potter - The Tale of Mrs. Tiggy Winkle
KathyTNY is offline   Reply With Quote