Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - A big misunderstood puff.
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 12:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
CrysAnner

Red face A big misunderstood puff.

I gotta share the story cause it has been getting better!
I got my hedgie from a petland in Calgary, not the best place to go but I keep falling in love! Was back in the beginning of January, there was another lovely large lump of a girl with tan coloring there that i couldn't help but notice as well. I continued going back and visiting this pudge ball whenever i needed fish supplies or food for STELLAA! and she kept seeming to be declining in health and care being provided for her, her nails were always long and caked in poop, consistantly gaining weight and worst of all still not adopted, its been 5 months and she is still there. After talking to a few of the managers about her situation it turns out shes the resident grump of the store and was a biter so noone wanted her. Along with that she kept getting pregnant so she stayed in the store. I was about ready to take her home by any means necessary. I felt so bad for her as she was such a sweet heart whenever i would pick her up, never got bit, not even huffed at. So it made no sense to me, sadly there was no feesable way for me to take her home as i live in an apartment. So again i spoke with the manager as to what may happen to the long time resident that stole my heart. They have a 100% adoption policy so that made me feel better no euthanasia. She is still at the store, I visited on the 28th, and shes looking so much better slimmed down quite well, clean trim nails and much more lively and willing to be held. and you can bet I will be bisiting her right up until shes adopted or until i can adopt her myself! So if anyone here lives in Calgary, Alberta check out the Shawnessy petland and take this sweet girl home! Thats my story thanls for reading!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160428_175858.jpg (191.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 20160428_175350.jpg (200.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 20160428_175343.jpg (183.3 KB, 23 views)
CrysAnner is offline   Reply With Quote