Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - Stress? Quill loss? Help!
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 03:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
blacktallon

Default Stress? Quill loss? Help!

My hedgehog has been losing quills like crazy. I've made a few other posts about this over the months but its STILL happening.
At first I thought it was just quilling, but when it was still happening and I could not see any quills coming in after, I took her to the vet. My vet said she did not have mites and we treated her for a bacterial infection. I've been giving her baytril for a few weeks. The skin flakes have cleared up but she is still losing a lot of quills. The vet has brushed it off as normal shedding, but I'm not sure I feel that way. Any thoughts? She is a VERY high strung hedge. Could it be stress? I'm not sure what else to do for her, as already her environment should be low stress. There's no other pets, and I live alone. Its very quiet for her.
The detergent I use on her blankets is hypoallergenic and scent free. I change her sheets every other day. I've also started giving her flax seed oil. If there's anything else I can try, please make suggestions.
blacktallon is offline   Reply With Quote