Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - Taking a hedgehog out in public?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 03:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
cosmicsans

Default Taking a hedgehog out in public?

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if I could get some opinions on this.

During my recent decision to become a hedgehog mommy, I feel like I've done a massive amount a research, (Side note: thank goodness for all of the knowledgable and experienced hedgie owners on this site!!) and have found that a proper environment is very important to a hedgehog's health.

A couple of years ago when I was in college, I had a classmate who would bring her hedgehog to class, where he would sleep most of the day bundled up in her scarf or in her sweatshirt. This was during winter in Denver, CO! She would sometimes take him out to show people or to feed him cat food kibbles. Knowing what I know now about keeping a hedgie in a controlled environment, I can't help but think that this was not the best situation for a baby hedgie.

When I told my coworkers that I was adopting one, they immediately asked if I would bring her into the office. I would be scared about stressing her out if I ever did this.

How do you all feel about taking your hedgie along to work or school or public spaces in general?
cosmicsans is offline   Reply With Quote