Bilbo: 2014-11-28 to 2018-07-18 - Hedgehog Central – Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2018, 07:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bilbo: 2014-11-28 to 2018-07-18

When I moved across the country after grad-school I was excited, but nervous. After living here for a while and being fairly introverted I was also a bit lonely, so considered bringing a pet into my life. After a lot of research and some discussions with "real" adults, along came Bilbo!

Right when I met him, Bilbo uncurled from the initial "who are you???" panic ball and started climbing around on my hand and sniffing up a storm. He was always ready for some exploring, but was most happy either running full tilt on his wheel at night or snuggling up with my hand in his snuggle pouch. We spent countless hours watching movies, reading, and napping together, and Bilbo was always content to snuggle up to my hand and let me gently stroke his quills (unless it started getting a little too warm, when he'd kick my hand away!). When he was particularly happy, he's grace me with a tiny, almost inaudible, purr that would make my heart melt.

When he started ignoring his food I knew there was an issue, so we went on a series of vet visits, antibiotic treatments, and syringe feedings. Bilbo was so brave (even when being understandably grumpy) and was just happy to, when trips and medicine and feedings were done, cuddle back up and take a nap with me. Unfortunately our last visit showed a large mass in his stomach, and while the vet and I planned further steps to help, Bilbo passed the following day.

So to wrap up, here's a letter to my little dude:

To the most handsome snuggle bug, and the sweetest of peas,

I miss you. I hope you’re not feeling so icky anymore. If you were trying to avoid being syringe fed again this was a bit dramatic, but you were always a grumpy goober (while really being a sweet sweet soft boy underneath).

Good night. I love, love, love you Bilbo.

-Mum
DSCF1018.jpg

DSCF1193.jpg

DSCF1152.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

Snapchat-462839054.jpg

20171021_204338.jpg

20180719_074356.jpg
silentgen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2018, 12:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

What a cute little fella. So sorry for your loss.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

I am so sorry for your pain. Bilbo will indeed be the most handsome of angels. Your writing is such a wonderful tribute showing the loving and caring relationship that you two shared over the past few years.
shetland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2018, 03:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

Goodbye little baby. I only saw 7 pictures of you but I miss you too. You were so special and the world will always be a little bit more empty without you. ヽ(΄∩`。)��
Askeptosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central – Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in