Hedgehog Central  Hedgehog pet care & owner forum

Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Memorials (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   RIP Galaxy (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10015)

alex_le_renar 05-19-2011 07:16 AM

RIP Galaxy

3 Attachment(s)
Galaxy was not a hedgehog, but a guinea pig. I hope it is still fine that I post this here..
She and her friend Sunflowerseed, where bought by me and my ex-boyfriend 5 years ago. we really adored them and they were the best playmates. For two years we were a happy little family. When we decided to brake up, we decided not to part them, as they were the best companions for each other, so he kept both and I visited them and he informed me through mails how they we doing. Unfortunatelly this morning I received and e-mail, saying that Galaxy died after three days of not eating at all. He took her to a small animal clinic and they gave her some kind of fluid medinices every 4 hours during the night, but she didn't make it. Those last three days Sunflowerseed was all the time next to her liking her, trying to comfort her.
Even though I have not seen them for over a year, since I live abroad now, I was very sorry about the news.
She was lucky to have such a good dad though, and a full life as well (guinea pigs have a life span of 4-7 tears).
:(

PJM 05-19-2011 09:06 AM

Re: RIP Galaxy

I'm sorry. They are both so cute. I've always loved guinea pigs.

shetland 05-19-2011 09:12 AM

I am so very sorry. Galaxy was precious. I also hope little Sunflowerseed will be alright.

rivoli256 05-19-2011 09:37 AM

so sorry to hear of your loss...Galaxy was a beautiful girl & lucky to have 2 people care for her & her sister so much that they put their (Galaxy & Sunflowerseed) best interests first.

sending good thoughts your way...

alex_le_renar 05-19-2011 09:46 AM

Thank you all. It is comforting to know that people who love animals as much as you do have me and Galaxy in their thoughts. It's never easy to lose someone you love, no matter how tiny they are. :|

MissC 05-19-2011 10:20 AM

I am so sorry...it must be hard to be so far away, too. :(

You're right: it doesn't matter who they are in our lives, when they leave us, there's a still hole where they used to be. :(

LarryT 05-19-2011 10:48 AM

So sorry for your loss,hugs.

CritterHeaven 05-19-2011 12:40 PM

So sorry about Galaxy. My daughter has had her GP Bear (who looks very much like one of your girls,the dark brown one) for just about a year but he is one of the best pets we have ever had. So much personality.

alex_le_renar 05-19-2011 12:54 PM

Thanks Larry,
Critter Heaven they are adorable pets and you can really conect with them. I do not know if yours does it as well, but whenever we opend the fridge they new fresh vegetables where coming and did that cheerful squicking sound :) I miss that.. and as MissC said, yes, it is hard to be away those moments, especially since we have a good relationship with my ex-boyfriend and I know how sad he is now. Thank God my boyfriend is supportive and we also have Marquis de Sade to cheer us up a bit.

I find it wonderful that there is this memorial section in this forum. It is a way to show your love and share your pain and I am moved every time I read about a little friend that is gone. So, congratulations to the creators of the forum for this.

CritterHeaven 05-19-2011 01:35 PM

Yes bear does that squeeking noise, whenever we walk in the critter room. He is pretty sure he is going to get something and runs up to the front of the cage. We love him, I am sure you will miss your baby.