Hedgehog Central banner

11 month old losing alot of quills?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  MomLady 
#1 ·
I recently switched over my hedgehog from carefresh to fleece..and ever since I noticed her quills are falling out...in her cuddle sack there was over 12 and in a whole night about 22 quills..she's eating,drinking and wheeling perfectly.. she was fine on the carefresh bedding. Her skin is also as smooth as a baby's butt! No dry skin , no scratching. Also she seems like her back is sore, when you touch her back she puffs up but you can rub her belly with no problems. Today I decided just to wash her fleece incase she was allergic to the laundry soap and softener. Any other ideas I could do? I don't think its mites because I have not had her outside or in contact with any wood, but you never know. Any suggestions?

#4 ·
On the contrary, I use a little unscented fabric softener (I have a HE washer) and I have noticed that Nara's skin doesn't get nearly so dry in the winters any more.
A little bit keeps the static down too.

I haven't noticed any difference in the wicking on the fleece.

For what it's worth!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.