Green stuff on poop? - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lincoln

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2015, 12:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Green stuff on poop?

Recently, after I switched my hedgehog over to fleece and changed rooms (temporarily). I've seen lightish green stuff in his poop but not the overall color (that's brown). It's kinda slimy and attached on to the poop, Should I be worried?
lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2015, 05:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

It could be stress related due to the change in bedding and location. If it doesn't improve in a week or so, or if it gets worse, I'd see a vet as precaution, but unless there are other signs of something amiss, I think it's okay to wait it out a bit.
Old 09-06-2015, 07:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ok phew, I was getting worried because I couldn't find anything related in the archive, because the color of the poop was normal and firm and the green was separate from it. Thanks

Old 10-16-2015, 04:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

My hedgie periodically will put out a poop with a green slime on it, but that's probably stress related. They seem to be REALLY vulnerable to stress from change in the environment.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2015, 03:10 AM   #5 (permalink)

LONG POST, HELP AGAIN!!! PLEASE!

Green poop! I got my little girl last Friday. She was born Aug 27,2015. She had green poop off and on for two days. It went back to the normal brown. Tonight, I took her out so she could play in her playpen. She had green poop again. But, this time it was kinda slimy. I am worried. I have not changed her food. I did clean her cage again. I do this every other day, and then pull out her poop/pee messes though out the day. She is very lovable with me. Matter of fact, she will smell for me while she is in her little play pen. I always sit down beside it and talk to her, roll her toys around. She comes right to me and sits beside the pen. Like pick me up. So, I do not think she is stressing. Unless??? When I do get her out in the evening, if she puts her quills out, I might jump a little at first. But, then It's not a big deal to me anymore. I talk to her, pet her and she almost makes this little purring sound. She will literally run straight for the curve of my neck, look at me and purr. If not there, under my arm.

Could it be that she is getting hot or cold? We usually keep it around 70F-75F in our house. I put a heater in her room that stays at a 75F. I orderd the little critter warmer, it should be here Tuesday. I have read many posts, watched videos about them getting hot or cold. Get an under the tank heater, get a thermometer for their cage. Suggestions?????

My husband says, you worry more than you should. Well, that is just the type of person I am. I want her to be happy and stress free. And I personally do not want to stress! I have raised and sold....German Shepherd's, Toy poodles, Sugar Gliders, Deer, Raccoons, Goats and Kids. I lost one baby kid (Goat.)

I am reading as many topics on this forum that I can. They just don't cover all the questions I have in one topic. So, again.,,I apologize for this long message. If you have any suggestions/information on anything regarding these babies. Please let me know!!! You can also inbox me direct. [email protected]
Freebird66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2015, 03:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

You should start a new thread, this one is over a month a old
nikki likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in