Nose cuts and minimal bleeding - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2019, 10:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Nose cuts and minimal bleeding

So i got my hedgehog chaii a little over a month ago. Her nails were and still are long. I've tried to cut her nails so many times but she hates it. I managed to cut two if her nails, one in the back leg. She scratches herself alot but I dont see any mites. Well ever since ive cute those nails ting scratches have apeared on her snout? I dont know what to call it. They didnt seem too bad but today there was a kinda long one with more red. Like dried blood. I haven't noticed any actual blood or bleeding so i dont know if I should take her to the vet. I'm a minor so my parents would have to pay for it and i dont want to waste a couple hundred on nothing. Any advice on what to do would be really helpful. Another thing us her apaetute us normal and she runs all nught on her wheel. I dont know if that will be helpful but nothing had really changed in that sense she doesnt seem to be in pain either.
Chaii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2019, 08:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

It sounds to me like her nails REALLY need to be trimmed, and well. Try to grab one of her feet and do not let go, or give her a treat to distract her while you clip quickly. If her nails are long enough and sharp enough to be making her face bleed, you need to trim them, ASAP. If you are unable to trim, consider enlisting another person to hold her while you grab her feet or look up a YouTube video on how to do it. I find it works best if they sit in the palm of your hand and their legs dangle through your fingers. Then you can easily grab them. If all else fails, consider (not recommended, but do this if necessary) going to the vet and having them do it (sedation? I don't know)
Spiky_Floof<3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in