Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - urgh! vet stress!
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 01:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Authra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley is loved View Post
ok. got in to see the vet.

he was very nice, seem to really know is stuff (said he sees at least 5 other hedgehogs)

she balled up and hissed at him the whole time (which yeah hedgehogs and new people) but he said he got a good look moving them around while she had them spread.

he said Crowley had a few agitated/red quills and she still had really dry skin but none seemed infected and that i shouldn't be worried. Said i should keep an eye on them and come in right away should anything change but all looked good.

that it was good signs that she didn't seem in pain, eating normally, sleeping fine , running in her wheel and all that good hedgehog stuff that she does - and that she was exploring and trying to escape after the nurse left before the vet came in :P

so all in all Crowley is a very healthy hedgehog and was impressed with how much i knew and how well i handled her (crowley being my first hedgehog and all) . best $50 iv ever spent for the piece of mind it gave me that im not the worst hedgie mommy ever :P

i will have to be more assertive about checking her skin and quills during bath time though (Crowley usually only lets me brush them back a few times just long enough to glimpse skin to check for ingrown quills or lesions while she's wet and im giving her a rinse) but i guess she'll just have to get over it

That's good glad it was nothing worse