Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - Guess who's getting some new (non-quilly) babies!
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 09:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lilysmommy
Super Moderator

Yes, thank you! One of our old forum members recommended them as well and I spent about 5-6 hours reading through their FAQ pages last night and taking notes. So far I have a plan for the tank set up (10 gal, sand mixed with coconut fiber, going to use a 60-watt CHE for heat & see how that goes, etc.). I'm already planning on buying a 30-50 gal tank to move them into once I can get one from Craigslist, or if I find a good deal on one at a store. I won't be bringing the third hermit crab home until I have that bigger tank because I'm paranoid. I wanna make sure no one feels too crowded!

And of course, I went NUTS as soon as I saw their food information. I'm going to be planning out a tentative weekly menu today. I'll probably have to kind of wait & see, since my classmate said her two are picky (but then, they're not in an appropriate enclosure, & I don't know what she's offering them), so I'm not sure what they'll try eating.

I'm joining the forum today as well because I have a few questions that weren't answered by the FAQ sheets, so I'm hoping to get some help with those.

RIP my sweet Lily ~ 6/12/08 - 1/20/12
Lilysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote