Red Irritated-Looking Bump - Hedgehog Central – Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Red Irritated-Looking Bump

Help!
I was giving my Lilo a bath tonight and I decided it would be a good time to trim her nails.
When I went to do this, I noticed a rather large bump on her front paw that seemed irritated and swollen.
I am not sure what it is or how it got there, but being a new hedgie mommy, my mommy panic is in overload!!
Is this cause for concern? Should I seek veterinarian assistance? Thanks for your help! I added a picture for you to see!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mail_opt.jpg (22.6 KB, 66 views)
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Default Re: Red Irritated-Looking Bump

Ouch, that does look painful! It does look relatively small though, so that's probably at least a bit good. I'm not 100% sure, but I would go ahead and book a vet appointment tomorrow unless someone recommends otherwise. Does she let you touch it? Can you feel if it's hard or soft? With the size and stuff, it makes me think of a pimple, but I'm not sure if that's something they'd get on their foot or not. Sorry I can't offer more help, but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along soon!

RIP my sweet Lily ~ 6/12/08 - 1/20/12
Lilysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Re: Red Irritated-Looking Bump

Thanks Kelsey! I think I will do that. I did read online that you can put a little ointment on it if there is some available. I did find some in the medicine cabinet, so I applied a small amount to the sore with a clean Q-tip. I will see how that works out for her, and if the problem persists, I'll make a vet appointment. As far as pain goes, she allows me to touch it, and she didn't seem to make much of a fuss when I applied the ointment. She seems to still be as active as usual as well. I'll keep a close eye on it, though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central – Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in