Hedgehog Central banner

Tattered ears/Dry skin?

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  wushu1987 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. So my hedgie has been suffering from slightly dry skin and pretty tattered ears recently. Tonight I took her out and put some olive oil onto a piece of paper towel to try and massage her ears, but she became a bit of a drama queen and wasn't having it :lol: Any tips on something else I could use to help soothe her ears? Also I would Appreciate any tips on how to also help her when her skin dries out. Thanks!

#2 ·
Vaseline may also work. Does she let you touch her ears normally and may have just not liked the olive oil? You may also have better luck just using your fingers and foregoing the paper towel.

A couple of drops of oil (vitamin e, olive come to mind first) on her back may help with dry skin. Oatmeal baths can be helpful too.

#3 ·
I just started using vit e oil on my hedgies ears because they were very tattered looking and it has already helped a lot! I was going to do it daily but has been more like every 2-3 days and one ear already looks about 70% better! She didn't care for it too much at first but now she's getting use to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.