Worrisome Dry Spots - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2016, 05:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Worrisome Dry Spots

Hello! It's been quite a while since I've been on here. I'm the "mom" of a two and a half year old apricot hedgehog named Luna, and recently she hasn't been eating as much as she usually does. It's quite worrisome, and I noticed it almost immediately.
Luna will eat a handful of her food if I sprinkle a few meal worms into her kibble, but alas even then she doesn't seem to be eating her actual kibble food (which she has eaten everyday for the past two years).
Anyways-- I was cleaning out her cage today, (thinking it might help make her more comfortable with eating?) and when I was taking her out of her cage, I couldn't help but notice just how dry her skin looked in the light, underneath her spines?? I then immediately checked to look for mites, but didn't seem to notice any.... I made sure to check for any other signs in case she might not be doing well (aside from the not eating) and it might be just my mind, but her nose seems a bit paler than usual.
Along with the dry patches, I noticed a couple of spine quills occasionally fall into her food bowl.... and I dont know if this is quilling? Or something bigger than that?
Luna is a very independent hedgie, and doesn't like being handled very much, but I do try to squeeze in a bath every month or so. I use Johnson & Johnson baby wash, along with a toothbrush....but I'm wondering if there's something else I should be using? Or should I be even more concerned than I already am?? I worry about small things like this, and only want Luna to feel happy. :\
Thanks!
WishfulDream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2 years old, dry skin, not eating, spines quills falling out

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in