Skin Issue on Top of Paws - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2016, 12:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Skin Issue on Top of Paws

So Gummy Bear, my rescue boy who has been progressively having movement issues which the vet has determined to most likely be WHS, has something going on on the top of his front legs. I'm not sure if it's just dry skin or something else, because I've never seen dry skin on the top of the legs before. It is kinda yellowish in patches and parts of it look more raw underneath when peeled off. Here's some more info:

-Since he has difficulty getting up and around, he often poops and pees where he sleeps, so this makes me wonder if it looks like urine burn? Or a fungal infection?

-In order to keep him cleaner, we have recently put puppy pads under his burrowing fleece in his igloo. Could sleeping directly on puppy pads cause any sort of skin reaction? I only see it on the top of his paws though.

-We put neosporin on it tonight. I really want to give him an oatmeal bath and try and gently rub the area and see if it's something that will come off without bleeding or will heal on its own, but my fiance wants to take him to the vet. My girl had chemical burns on the bottoms of her feet last year from vinegar water residue and we were able to treat that at home, so I just don't wanna jump the gun if it doesn't look like anything serious. What do you think (pic below)?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (97.7 KB, 15 views)
TikkiLink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in