Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - Guinea Pig homed with hedgehog?
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 06:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
liam1

Question Guinea Pig homed with hedgehog?

I was looking into buying a guinea pig in a few weeks. I currently have a 2.5 month old hedgehog and was hoping to be able to house them together. The cage I bought for my hedgie is 47x24 inches (this is the link
Amazon.com : Midwest Interactive Guinea Habitat Plus : Pet Cages : Pet Supplies Amazon.com : Midwest Interactive Guinea Habitat Plus : Pet Cages : Pet Supplies
)
It was a cage originally for guinea pigs but my hedgehog has done great with it. I wanted to know if I would be able to house the two together (my hedgehog Liam is a complete sweetheart and loves meeting new people so I'm not sure if he'd have a problem with a cage mate). The cage came with sort of a cage divider that has ramps, and while they get to know each other I could always put the ramps up and have them apart making each half 23.5x24 inches (or 2x2 feet). Would that be too small for them? I could always take down the seperater when they get use to each other. My only concern would be them not getting along, and the fact that hedgehogs sleep during the day and are active at night and for guinea pigs its vice-versa. So I guess my actual question would be, is it okay to house a hedgehog and a guinea pig together?
liam1 is offline   Reply With Quote