Eating too fast or...? - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2014, 12:04 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Eating too fast or...?

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but this is the only somewhat fitting place I can think of. I apologize if this isn't the right place.
I got my first hedgie two weeks ago. He's a few months short of three years old, was with the breeder for about a year, and then went to the home I got him from. Two days ago, I noticed him coughing a little bit for probably something like five to seven seconds. He got into another small fit that was about the same earlier today; both times were somewhat shortly after he had eaten. I'm wondering if it's him eating too quickly or something else? Unfortunately the bedding that I have at the moment is a mix that does include pine, though I have plans to switch him to aspen when I get the chance, and the shavings are beneath a sheet of fabric similar to fleece. I did also recently change him over from one brand of food to another, but the change was gradual and there didn't seem to be an issue up until now. I just want to get an idea of whether or not it might be something I serious, or just him eating too fast. If it turns out he is just eating too quickly, if anyone could give me some suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

Last edited by kinasume; 12-26-2014 at 12:07 AM.
kinasume is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in