Hedgie issues with new home - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2014, 12:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question Hedgie issues with new home

Hi everyone,

So me, my husband, and our sweet hedgie Poppy, moved into our new apartment on Friday. Since we moved in, I've noticed a couple of things.

First of all, she has been eating a lot less then normal. I'm going to start counting kibbles tonight, but she seems to be eating about 1/2 the amount that she was in our old apartment. Also, she has been sneezing a bit, and licking her nose. I saw on the Sneezing sticky that it mentioned that this may be due to a new environment and should go away in a few days. I just noticed this sneezing start today.

I was worried that all this might have been a hibernation attempt, but her belly is warm and she is playful when she wakes up. Since Friday, things have been pretty crazy and we've only played with her for 2 out of the 5 days (she's used to being handled every day). Another thing that I will be changing is the lighting in the room that she is in. In our old apartment the lighting was great, so there was no need for a lamp or anything like that. However, in this new place it is a bit darker, and the days are getting shorter, so I will be placing a lamp with a timer in her room tonight and start it going tomorrow.

Sorry for the long winded post, but I'm just worried about our sweet baby. If anyone has any insight about if this sounds like a URI or hibernation attempt, or if its just due to environmental changes, it would be greatly appreciated!
mandakeili is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in