Hedgie lethargic, can barely stand/walk - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2018, 02:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Hedgie lethargic, can barely stand/walk

This is my first post on here and I’m honestly freaking out right now. 3 days ago I noticed my hedgie wasn’t running as much as before- I figured she was just tired or getting old. Last night I noticed something very wrong with her eyes, they were cloudy. Like covered in a white film and she was laying on her side with very shallow breathing. Since then she’s been really off - falling over when she tries to stand, unresponsive, wheezing. I don’t think it’s a respiratory infection only because she doesn’t have any mucus or sneezing but I didn’t know where to put this post. Something is really wrong though she’s never been like this. She is 3 years old and always been healthy. No recent changes to food/bedding or anything else and she’s not cold. Cage has been 80 degrees and she’s warm to the touch so it’s not that. The exotic animal vet is coming in today specifically to see her but that’s in 5 hours and I don’t know if she will make it. I can’t explain it but I can see it in her eyes. Any idea what it could be?
Savannah037 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2018, 04:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

The wheezing could be a sign of a URI, but it's impossible to say for sure what's wrong.

http://www.quillsnthings.webs.com
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in