New Hedgie owner: Lump on side of her mouth? - Hedgehog Central – Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2017, 11:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New Hedgie owner: Lump on side of her mouth?

Hello! I am a new hedgehog owner, and I have had my 2 year old hedgehog Harriet for about a week now. The day I got her home from the girl who sold her to me (who got Harriet from a breeder previously), I noticed Harriet had a big mass on the side of her mouth, at the top. It's about the size of a small small bean, and is pink. It hasn't broken open, and honestly it doesn't seem like she minds that it's there. She can eat, drink, and breathe normally. It doesn't seem as such a cause of concern, but I'm posting to see if anyone can suggest what is wrong with her.

Also, I contacted the previous owner about this issue, and she told me that she recently changed Harriet's diet, and it could be an allergic reaction, however I'm not sure if that could even be the cause. Thanks for your help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9126_1489892621094.jpg (27.6 KB, 34 views)
Linseymh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2017, 11:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

That is not an allergic reaction. It looks like it could very well be a tumour and will need to be seen by a vet asap. If it is a tumour the vet will let you know what your options are.

http://www.quillsnthings.webs.com
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central – Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in