Little Lilo is at it Again! - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Little Lilo is at it Again!

After having our little paw incident (which has completely cleared up and healed very well after two weeks of antibiotics), Lilo decided she wanted to hit me with a new crisis. Our apartment is usually very warm, and perfect for her, but with the changing weather here in Colorado (you never know what you are going to get) it must have gotten too cold while I was asleep. This morning, before work, I went to check on her and I saw she was showing signs of attempting to hibernate. I couldn't miss work, so I got clearance to bring her in. I have here in a lined basket with plenty of fleece and nestled up to a small portable heater. She appears to be moving more, and her belly isn't as cold. My question is, am I doing everything right? This is my first time facing attempted hibernation with Lilo, so I am (as always) a nervous mommy.
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Re: Little Lilo is at it Again!

Sounds like you're doing everything right for her right now. Do you have a heat and light set up for her at home?

http://www.quillsnthings.webs.com
nikki is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 11:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Re: Little Lilo is at it Again!

Not yet, but I plan on buying one the first chance I get. Lilo got plenty of TLC and attention from me and my co-workers while at the office. She was living large and in charge perched in front of the heaters, wrapped in fleece, and getting plenty of hedgie safe treats all day. By the time it was time to head for home, she was much better and her belly was nice and warm again. Once home, I made sure she had fresh food and water and I placed her back in her cage with extra warm fuzzy things to cuddle up to. I even took her out to play, and by then she was already back to her little adventurous self. Crisis averted. Now to just get that lamp....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in