Is a chill tempermant possible when quilling? - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2017, 05:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Is a chill tempermant possible when quilling?

My baby Praline is 9 weeks old and from everything I've heard about quilling, hedgies get sensitive and huffy when they start. However, I have noticed some quills coming off on my hands and in the towel after I dry her off from a bath for about a week now, and she has no change in tempermant... If anything, she seems even MORE comfortable around me than before.

Does that mean it's not quilling, and should I be concerned? Or is it actually possible for them to be more relaxed than ever during this?

Thank you! ?

PS: By chill I don't mean immobile, she likes running and exploring, she just doesn't ball up or huff at me any more.
killerqueen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2017, 06:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Bea

Hello! My baby, Fawn, is also quilling, and I've only had her for about a week now. But she's a super sweet baby and has really bonded with me already. She also doesn't huff much anymore and doesn't ball up.
I don't think you should be concerned at all! You might just have a super sweet pokey child that doesn't mind your company!

Bea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2017, 08:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

My hedgie Pepper is currently going through her second quilling at 4 months old, and is just as happy as she was during her first quilling. I definitely did not notice any grumpiness either one of these times. Consider it a blessing!
blueoceania is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2017, 10:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ichiro is already 1.5 years old and he has always been laid back, he never balls up and you couldn't tell he was quilling, he's always been very friendly and relaxed.
Artemis-Ichiro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2017, 08:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

You guys are so lucky! I got my girl just as she started quilling at 4 months. She's an adorable little huffball
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5362_1497055677151.jpg (145.3 KB, 11 views)
cloverhedgie7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in