|06-20-2017, 11:19 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2017
In the middle of Mite Treatment. Sooooo many questions
Hi Everyone! Me again.
So Cannoli has been diagnosed with mites on Friday and today is Tuesday. He got his Revolution that day after his bath and an entire cage cleaning, his wheel, food dish, water bottle, etc.
I also washed the rug in the room where I let him out as well as the wood floor since the vet told me to do that just in case.
The vet told me he should start getting better in two days and he did. He's been eating, drinking and running on his wheel.
So now that you have the background, here are my questions after reading through previous threads and trying to find an answers:
1. Can I take him out? If I do, do I need to sanatize everything again if I do that? I'm trying to not take him out that often because I keep doing laundry after but I also don't want him to become un-socialized.
2. How often should I be re-washing and changing everything out in his cage? Right now I've been doing every other day.
3. Cannoli loves his wheel. But of course then he poops when he runs. I want to wash his feet. Is that okay or will it wash away the treatment?
4. He has a dry patch of skin as a result of his mites. Can I put some coconut oil there to soothe it, or must I wait until after the treatment is over.
5. My vet said I should also treat my cat just in case. Should I also wash everything in the other rooms where she usually stays?
6. My vet also said I need to do another treatment in two weeks. Do I need to keep santaziing everything then too?
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Mite treatment||Mmfh||Mites||1||11-14-2015 10:44 AM|
|Mite treatment||Wilf44||Mites||4||11-19-2013 03:42 AM|
|Question about Mite Treatment||littlebird||Health||5||07-07-2012 10:10 PM|
|Mite Treatment||power||Health||4||10-06-2011 08:56 PM|
|Questions about mite treatment||Ehandy||Health||5||01-31-2010 01:43 AM|