Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - Cute new house for the babys
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 03:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
RedStealth

Default Re: Cute new house for the babys

Garrett also likes fabric versus plastic.

He will only play inside the CPVC 90 elbow if he has fleece strips to drag in there.

I ended up getting a sterilite container about the size of a shoe box from a local store. I tossed the lid, and turned the box upside down. I then drilled holes in the "roof" and cut out a door using a scissors.

I then used my very rudimentary sewing skills to make a fleece cover for the inside and the outside very much resembling a short sleeve. I slipped the sleeve over the box, and pushed the sleeve on the inside right to the "roof." I then sowed the inside to the outside using the holes, and that held the inside fleece from just dropping down like an old car headliner.

I then cut a flap that resembles a tent door for Garrett to go in and out of, and the excess "sleeve" that I had on the ends from making the cover too long I just flipped inside the small hedgehog house, and Garrett uses it to root around in now.

He seems happy to have a house that isn't plastic, and I had fun stabbing myself with needles. I would much rather make him things with power tools then a needle and thread.

The downside is, now in the night he has bed-head with small poofs of red fleece in his quills. Which makes him look very christmasy when he also tools around in his green fleece hedgehog bag.
RedStealth is offline   Reply With Quote