Hedgehog Central banner

Giant Nose Bubble

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  hercsmom 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Last night I gave Hercules a really fat mealworm, and he ate it up, but immediately after he opened his mouth really wide (I could see all his little teeth) and did this hard exhale thing a few times (with his mouth still open) then blew a giant yellowish bubble out of one nostril. After that he was fine, no more hard exhales or nose bubbles. Really, it looked like a person blowing their nose super hard with no kleenex (sorry, that was the only way I could describe it), but with his mouth wide open. It was like a full body nose blow. Does anyone know what this is? He was sick a few weeks ago and blowing nose bubbles, but he finished his antibiotics a while ago. Thanks for the replies everyone!

Katie

#2 ·
Hi Katie,

I think he choked on his fat mealworm. Mustard chocked one night after eat a cricket and she did the same thing (except for the yellow bubble.)

Maybe the bubble was from some left-over discharge she still has from when she was sick? I'd watch and see how she does over the next few days. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.