Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - socializing hedgie to family, help?!
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 03:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Crowley is loved

Default socializing hedgie to family, help?!

so I'v had Crowley for a little over a month and a half. shes about 3-4 months old i believe)

We have bonded perfectly; Crowley and I , she lets me hold her, pet her, bathe her, play with her,cuddle her, she sleeps in my lap alot :P . she responds when i call her name,when shes nervous all i have to do to calm her is let her smell me, call her name and she's fine almost instantly.

the problem is that she's still scared of my family and most of them are too afraid of getting 'poked' to pet her. anyone else tries to pet her or hold her or play with her and she just curls up and 'hisses' at them till they go away or that i take her back into my hands/arms.

Iv tried letting them hold her, play with her, scenting them, nothing works :'(
she's a wonderful baby and i love that she's my 'prickly pear' but i also want her to feel safe and connected to my family * i know alot of our connection is maternal and cuz iv spent more time with her than my family can- providing her every need* but i really want her to be able to play and interact with my family and fell safe- especially if they ever need to watch her for me for any length of time.

She's fine if she's in her pen and they are close- but no hands in the pen and if they aren't talking too loudly that she realizes there are 'other people' in the room.

help please?
Crowley is loved is offline   Reply With Quote