Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - Scary Bathtime Incident
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 01:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Amy1024

Default Re: Scary Bathtime Incident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free2Dream
I went out and bought a small Rubbermaid storage bin for my two. It's small enough that I can lift it and carry it around. I usually put a bit of lukewarm water in it (just enough to cover the bottom) and let them walk around in that. That way I don't have to deal with the unsanitary consequences of using the kitchen/bathroom sink. Their little "bath tub" is easy to clean because all I do is dump the water out (usually over the back deck... sorry downstairs neighbors! lol) and then wipe it down with Clorox wipes (bleach-free) and fresh water. Annabelle likes to stick her face in the water, too, so this way I don't have to worry about her accidentally inhaling some.
Very similar idea to Free2Dream's

You can try and get a Sterilite shallow/wide storage container.
http://www.sterilite.com/SelectProduct. ... &section=1
It'll be a hassle changing the water and such because it's so big and bulky.

Personally, I haven't tried that method but thinking of trying it. My bath tub's drain doesn't work properly; there's not way to stop the water from draining. And the sink is too small. Good thing Hershi's very clean and she hasn't really needed too many baths or foot baths.