Cage Liner Question - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2010, 09:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Cage Liner Question

I'm switching from using Carefresh to some homemade liners for my new baby and I was wondering how everyone keeps them in place in the cage? I know my little girl is a terror when it comes to nestling under things so I would like to affix them to the bottom of the pan if possible. Does anyone know of a way to make the lines stay on the bottom of the cage until they're ready to be removed for cleaning? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
brtngrl13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2010, 09:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Puffers315
Default Re: Cage Liner Question

I have a wire cage and use binder clips to hold the liner down. You cut the liner just a bit larger than the cage floor and use the clips to attach it to the wire bars.

I've seen others use clean garden stones, small bricks, coffee mugs. I've heard a few people use velcro, if you got any sewing skill someone just showed a design where they made strapped on the underside corners of the liner, so it would strapped the corners of the liner down to the cage pan (or coroplast) like a bed sheet. Someone else just mentioned using duct tape or masking tape. It'll depends on the cage design of course.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Re: Cage Liner Question

My breeder supposedly uses velcro strips (one side sewn to the fleece liner, the other adhered to the floor) to keep liners in place, but I don't know how well the cage-side velcro would stick after a couple of hearty washings.

Perhaps you could cut a piece of coroplast to the size of your cage's floor, firmly wrap the fleece around it (so the edges fold under) and then pop it in the cage for a tight fit?

I also could have sworn I saw someone suggest using sterilized river rocks to weight down the corners.

Some hedgies just like to snuggle under the liner, though. If you don't have a problem and they don't have a problem--

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in