Hedgehog Central banner

JoAnn Fabric 50% off Sale & Liner Qs

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  sweetergrrrl 
#1 ·
So the one Joann Fabrics in the area is having a 50% off sale on all fabric until Oct 11!!!! (everyone check your local stores!)

I was wondering how often everyone ends up changing their liners. I don't have a washing machine and I want to keep laundry to a minimum because laundrymats suck and it is a long trip to see my parents. SO about how many liners do you go through a month?

I am going to make bags too. Going HOG wild XD XD

(Dexter's Mom: BUY ALL THE FLEECE!!!)

#2 ·
I use double thickness fleece (2 layers) and I change it every 2 or 3 days, so mine pile up fast. I just can't handle smells and my snoot works overtime. I've tried putting something under her wheel to catch the flying debris, but she always rearranges her house at night and the wheel never stays where it started, so the paper towel or the added piece of fleece always gets tossed into the corner and does not serve it's purpose.

Wish she'd figure out where she wants to keep her stuff, because each morning, it is always somewhere different. I'd be more than happy to help her out and put things where she likes it.... but she hasn't found a lay out she likes I guess! She's a busy gal!

Can't wait to hit JoAnn..... again.

#3 ·
lol. I was hoping for more of a "Weekly" lol. I don't think changing them every other day is going to be an option! :lol: After this mite buisness I just want him OFF the bedding. The hamster, who uses the same stuff is fine though... Maybe he got the mites from the breeder....

G
#4 ·
sweetergrrrl said:
lol. I was hoping for more of a "Weekly" lol. I don't think changing them every other day is going to be an option! :lol: After this mite buisness I just want him OFF the bedding. The hamster, who uses the same stuff is fine though... Maybe he got the mites from the breeder....
The mites are species specific they attack hedgies to hamsters

#5 ·
Oh no! I just bought 4 yards last week! Grrrr. That always happens to me. :roll: Yeah, it's on sale (50% off on blizzard fleece and anti-pill solids and prints) until October 1 in Michigan.

I usually go through a liner every three days or so, depending on how much they party the night before. So, for a month, I would plan on 10 to 12, maybe more. Snuggle bags I just wash once a week, unless someone leaves a present in it. That usually just happens on the way to the vet though. :roll:

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to make another trip!

#6 ·
beautsbelle said:
I use double thickness fleece (2 layers) and I change it every 2 or 3 days, so mine pile up fast. I just can't handle smells and my snoot works overtime. I've tried putting something under her wheel to catch the flying debris, but she always rearranges her house at night and the wheel never stays where it started, so the paper towel or the added piece of fleece always gets tossed into the corner and does not serve it's purpose.

Wish she'd figure out where she wants to keep her stuff, because each morning, it is always somewhere different. I'd be more than happy to help her out and put things where she likes it.... but she hasn't found a lay out she likes I guess! She's a busy gal!

Can't wait to hit JoAnn..... again.
I think you need to buy Roxie a book on Feng Shui! :lol: :D

#8 ·
Joy is really good about using her litter box, so I just shake out her liners every few days and put them back, I have not actually needed to change her liner before because of smell, I just do it because I get board of the pattern.

I think it depends on the hog!

Thanks for the heads up on the sale, I will go tomorrow!

#9 ·
My liners all last about a week. Little Foot's last a little longer because he is obsessively litter box trained, but Charlie and Gizmo both enjoy making severe messes, so theirs last about a week, maybe 5 days.

#10 ·
I am going to have to work on Link's litter training it seems like. He is good about going in the wheel so maybe just some paper towels in that general area... :) Especially now that his tummy is settled from the changing diet. It was pretty bay for a while there...

#11 ·
sweetergrrrl said:
So the one Joann Fabrics in the area is having a 50% off sale on all fabric until Oct 11!!!! (everyone check your local stores!)

I was wondering how often everyone ends up changing their liners. I don't have a washing machine and I want to keep laundry to a minimum because laundrymats suck and it is a long trip to see my parents. SO about how many liners do you go through a month?

I am going to make bags too. Going HOG wild XD XD

(Dexter's Mom: BUY ALL THE FLEECE!!!)
I will so BUY ALL THE FLEEEEECE! hahaha
thanks for the tip!

Regarding the liners, I change Dexter's once a week. He has 3. He also has 3 bags. Each gets changed once per week.
He is litter trained. But if for some reason he decides to make a mess I change it.

#13 ·
Thanks for the notice.

I was just thinking that Nara needs some "fall" liners. She has a Halloween one.

FYI-I change liners at least once a week, I shake them out every day. Nara gets food and litter crumbs all over. Sometimes I do change the liner more if I am bored with it.

Remember to check the remnants bin too, they will mark the pieces down if that fabric is on sale too. Sometimes you get the 50% off plus the sale price on the fabric.

Thanks!

Donna

#14 ·
MomLady said:
Thanks for the notice.

I was just thinking that Nara needs some "fall" liners. She has a Halloween one.

FYI-I change liners at least once a week, I shake them out every day. Nara gets food and litter crumbs all over. Sometimes I do change the liner more if I am bored with it.

Remember to check the remnants bin too, they will mark the pieces down if that fabric is on sale too. Sometimes you get the 50% off plus the sale price on the fabric.

Thanks!

Donna
Thanks Donna!!

I actually went today and spent around $40. But I have already cut out 5 liners and have enough to make a few more. AND the left over material happens to be the right size for hedgie bags so that will be my next project!!

They have some super cute patterns too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.