Carolina Storm Bucket? - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2019, 06:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Carolina Storm Bucket?

Hi, I live in Ontario, CA, and I'm trying to figure a way to buy the Carolina Storm Bucket without spending $80 on it from the Toronto store. I don't have a vehicle so I don't have a way to Toronto (it makes it much cheaper to pick up from store). I have the living world green bucket wheel, but maintaining it is getting a little hard as I'm a full time student and I work full time, he goes to the washroom on the wheel, so it can get stuck easily. I am looking to buy a tray as well, but that shouldn't be a problem.
If anyone can give me any advice on how to obtain this Carolina Storm Bucket that would be very helpful.
Thanks
pepperthahedgie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2019, 06:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Do you have Etsy in Canada? Sometimes it’s a bit pricy but never that bad. Also, if chewy.com is offered there, they always have great deals on Kaytee silent spinners... just as another option. Hopefully someone else from Canada sees this though so they can give you a better answer haha sorry!
Hope this helps 🙂
pepperthahedgie likes this.
Aj.t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2019, 07:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Try amazon and have it delivered they have a pretty good selection
Darcie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 09:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

We made our own bucket wheel. There are tutorials online. Just purchased the parts online. (PVC pipes can be purchased at a hardware store)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wheel.jpg (119.5 KB, 4 views)

http://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com
Mecki is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2019, 01:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ria

It doesn't really matter whether you use a Caroline storm bucket wheel, living world bucket wheel, kaytee silent spinner, make you own bucket wheel, you'll still have the problem of poo getting stuck to the wheel easily. And they tray with most people only really helps catch what falls off the wheel, they still mainly use their wheel as their toilet, even Holly will - she does get off a fair bit to go but mainly just goes on the wheel.

Just spray water on the wheel surface to make it all wet again and then wipe it all off, the wetter you make the wheel surface the easier it comes off.
I only clean Holly's wheel just before I get Holly because I tend to be busy the rest of the time.
nikki likes this.
Ria is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2019, 01:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

The Silent Spinner is not recommended. The product reviews section on this forum states that they pose a danger to hedgehogs.

Here's the link:
https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/foru...t-spinner.html
nikki likes this.

http://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com

Last edited by Mecki; 04-17-2019 at 01:58 PM.
Mecki is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2019, 04:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

This is all subjective though as each owner will experience different results. I’ve never had a single issue with silent spinners, but definitely read the thread and assess for yourself how you would feel about using them!
Aj.t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2019, 04:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria View Post
It doesn't really matter whether you use a Caroline storm bucket wheel, living world bucket wheel, kaytee silent spinner, make you own bucket wheel, you'll still have the problem of poo getting stuck to the wheel easily. And they tray with most people only really helps catch what falls off the wheel, they still mainly use their wheel as their toilet, even Holly will - she does get off a fair bit to go but mainly just goes on the wheel.

Just spray water on the wheel surface to make it all wet again and then wipe it all off, the wetter you make the wheel surface the easier it comes off.
I only clean Holly's wheel just before I get Holly because I tend to be busy the rest of the time.
Thanks for the tip, it wasn't the actual cleaning aspect that bugs me, it's just the wheel I currently have has lots of ridges and such, so trying to get in the crevices is harder, whereas any flat bucket like the carolina for example is smooth, so it'd be a smoother ride I suppose. I'm a first time hedgie owner so I'm trying to find the best deal. I made a makeshift catch tray.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecki View Post
The Silent Spinner is not recommended. The product reviews section on this forum states that they pose a danger to hedgehogs.

Here's the link:
https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/foru...t-spinner.html
Thanks for the info still trying to figure out what's best. I've had pepper for almost a year now.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Ria

Yea if you use the water trick it gets it out the ridges better, I have a wheel with ridges, and I've learnt that but spraying it with water it gets into the ridges and gets it out the ridges a whole lot easier.
Ria is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in