CSW--silence is golden, say the sleepless - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default CSW--silence is golden, say the sleepless

My horrid hedgehog wheel died. It died after 98 washes, after daily **** washes of quality scrubbing, begrudgingly scrubbing with a bristle brush, getting downright nasty with the florid wheel, and sending the poo to the garbage disposal. The wheel cracked, while I scrubbed. It was made by SuperPets, and I recommend avoiding this brand; I recommend staying away, far, away. Mary Poppins ran marathons every night; she beat the Ethiopians, but she is a "African" hedgehog. The wheel turned and turned as the marathon progressed sending sound waves into the crevices of the fake wood paneling in my room, and more importantly, most importantly, into MY ears.

So... after it died. I emailed Larry. Before Larry could respond, I ordered a CSW. I wanted a green bucket wheel, because green is my favorite color, but those are sold out. I ordered the CSW, and it arrived a couple of days later. I pondered the humble construction, as I know how to build the wheel, but posses zero inclination to perform this duty: why should I? Larry's an expert. I washed the wheel with some detergent and placed the wheel into Poppins's's home.

Mary did not want to check the wheel out. She did not want to get up. And who would? at such a time! But, I woke her, and I placed her in the wheel. At first she wanted out. She hopped down and made a dash for her fleece sleeve --no igloos here folks, fleece sleeves cut from the fleece jackets of yesteryear providing a cozy, lovely home for Mary, and she refuses the green igloo. I put her back in with a squiggly meal worm: ATE. Then another, another, another and she starts to run.

Mary ran awhile, finding the ease of the new wheel awesome --and I can assign whatever feelings to Mary I want, because we are telepathically connected, you know, (buy a hedgie and you will learn of their hidden powers)-- coursing past the Ethiopians, and winning whatever marathon happening in her mind.

Later that evening, I slept all night. WITHOUT EARPLUGS.
alsohere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: CSW--silence is golden, say the sleepless

I'm happy to hear that you and Mary Poppins approve of your new CSW. I'm extremely grateful that I found HHC before I got my Mildred because I would have been one of the people that bought a Comfort Wheel and suffered the consequences at 3am every day!

I think Larry deserves a trophy or a medal or something.

This message was brought to you by Mildred the Hedgehog's slave, Hannah! ^.^
hanhan27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

Larry's wheels are a godsend!

I think one of the sweetest moments of my life too was the first night I slept with only hearing the pitter patter of Daisy's little hedgie feet on her wheel.
zorropirate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

This was a great story to start my morning. I am unbelievably grateful for my cake top wheels too... not just the lack of sound, but how easily they are cleaned, too!

LizardGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yes... the wheel sounds so nice. I actually, no joke, stopped taking my ambien four days ago. Now, if you know how much that crap cost, a CSW is pretty cheap.
alsohere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Breeders

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsohere
Yes... the wheel sounds so nice. I actually, no joke, stopped taking my ambien four days ago. Now, if you know how much that crap cost, a CSW is pretty cheap.

Glad you like it, thank you for the wonderful compliments.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

You are a great and entertaining writer. Does Mary Poppins have her own thread so we can read about her adventures more often?

alyssinreality is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in