Would you reccomend the Carolina Storm Bucket Wheel? - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2011, 11:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Would you reccomend the Carolina Storm Bucket Wheel?

Spiff's wheel has been more or less deteriorating for the last couple months, and its gotten to the point where I literally had to duct tape it together. Needless to say, I need to get a new wheel.
I've heard good things about the Carolina Storm Wheel, but as a working student, $30 plus shipping is a bit of an investment for me. For those of you who have purchased a Carolina Storm Wheel in the past, would you recommend it, and why? What are the drawbacks? And would you recommend just the Storm Bucket Wheel?
Spiff The Hedge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2011, 11:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master Breeders

Default Re: Would you reccomend the Carolina Storm Bucket Wheel?

The bucket wheels are $25 plus shipping and the cake wheels are $30 plus shipping. If you enter the hedge-o-ween photo contest you get $5 off either wheel. If you read through these threads there are lots of reviews
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4844&start=0
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9827&start=0
Old 10-09-2011, 12:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

The Carolina Storm Bucket wheels are a wonderful investment. It will last you the lifetime of your hedgie and beyond. They're safe, quiet and easy to clean. Well worth the cost of the wheel and shipping.

http://www.quillsnthings.webs.com
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 12:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
kat

i am also a student and had to save up for the wheel. and after spending $35 on shipping plus the bucket wheel, i can tell you that it was worth it!
kat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2011, 01:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

The CSBW is definitely worth buying. I live in a small college apartment and the only place I have room for Felix's cage is my bedroom, so it was really important for me to find a quiet wheel. I've had hamsters in the past and their wheels were always so noisy. The CSBW is absolutely SILENT. I occasionally hear Felix's feet going a mile a minute, but that's it. The wheel is also super easy to clean. I wipe it down every night before Felix wakes up with a few paper towels covered in a little 1/2 water 1/2 vinegar mixture. Also, Larry is really great with quick shipping. I got my wheel just a few days after ordering.

lehaley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

They're kinda expensive considering how simple they are and the materials. You could make one yourself for maybe $15 at Lowes.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2011, 02:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
They're kinda expensive considering how simple they are and the materials. You could make one yourself for maybe $15 at Lowes.
Roller blade wheels can't be found at Lowes and usually you have to buy a package of four and they typically are not cheap :/
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2011, 03:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yes, Yes, and YES! His wheel is fantastic, So easy to clean and silent, just when you clean i like to spray vinegar and water with a spray bottle so it does not go into the bearing
TeddysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

they are great i actually recently got two and have no issues with them and as metioned larry is great at shipping quickly. if you do want to diy you can get cheap stuff as mentioned at lowes or home depot or whatever and can get cheap rollerblade wheels at a thrift store just get used rollerblades (they aren't usually more than $5 and some of them are brand new wheels). what gets expensive with diy is buying the tools the first time if you don't have them to make it, then it can add up pretty quickly, but they aren't hard too make if you are crafty and not lazy like me
shawnwk1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2011, 03:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Breeders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Yep and I almost make $10 bucks off one. After the time it takes to make it, ship it, gather supplies, etc I think that's a fair price for the product/service offered. Cutting a bucket down to size and smoothing it down is not as easy as it sounds, esp. if you don't have the right tools. It's very easy to mess up and ruin a bucket or two.
ajweekley likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in