Hedgehog Central  Hedgehog pet care & owner forum

Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Carolina Storm Wheel (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115289)

Luis 08-26-2015 10:28 AM

Carolina Storm Wheel

I would like to upgrade my hedgehog Luis to a better quality wheel. His old owners have us the Silent Spinner with him, and after doing some reading on this forum, I have determined that this wheel is not entirely safe. I would love to upgrade to the Carolina Storm Wheel, however my mom is hesitant and she is the one who would be paying.

Basically, what about the Carolina Storm wheel makes it so much better? I need information that will help to convince her. With the US dollar so strong, she does not want to buy anything from America. Are there any suitable alternatives available in Canada that are safer?

octopushedge 08-26-2015 10:35 AM

I see you live near Toronto. Check out Hedgehog Ville in Scarborough. You can get Carolina storm wheels directly from them without paying crazy amounts of shipping like you would from the states. You can also look up how to make your own bucket wheel.

But basically: they're extremely quiet (I only hear the pattering of feet), very easy to clean, and there's no risk of health problems because of the way it's built. Worth every dollar in my opinion.

writergirlmel 08-26-2015 12:34 PM

Essentially, what you're looking for is a cake cover or bucket wheel. :) Carolina Storm is simply the preferred brand around here.

LarryT 08-27-2015 12:14 PM

Carolina Storm is not simply the preferred brand around here, it's all over the hedgehog world. Hedgehog Ville may allow you to pickup from their location to save on shipping, also Curious Quills from Burlington ON has them for sale.

writergirlmel 08-27-2015 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryT (Post 727657)
Carolina Storm is not simply the preferred brand around here, it's all over the hedgehog world.

Just for clarification, no offense was meant. I simply meant I see it recommended almost exclusively here (as opposed to being recommended along with other brands) and frequently along with another brand or two in other groups.

LarryT 08-27-2015 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by writergirlmel (Post 727689)
Just for clarification, no offense was meant. I simply meant I see it recommended almost exclusively here (as opposed to being recommended along with other brands) and frequently along with another brand or two in other groups.

No offense taken. :wink:

Luis if you open this link and scroll to the bottom of the page you'll find three do it yourself links. http://www.mihog.org/products.phtml

Pandamom 08-29-2015 11:44 PM

We got our Carolina from curious quills in Burlington. It was so easy to meet the owner (sorry I can't remember her name) and her house is easy to get to. Contact them to get one, honestly you won't regret it at all! It's amazingly quiet and crazy easy to clean. All we hear are little pitter patter of feet occasionally. Seriously--get one!!

octopushedge 08-30-2015 12:39 AM

Yikes, they need a website update. It might as well just be a piece of paper for how little design there is.

PrincessPuffinsMom 08-30-2015 03:55 PM

I got my Carolina wheel off Esty. $25 and came in 2 days.

Great wheel, very quiet, easy to clean. And easy on my hedgies feet. Her old wheel (comfort wheel) she kept injuring her feet.

nikki 08-30-2015 06:09 PM

Hey they have my website listed! That's awesome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by octopushedge (Post 729257)
Yikes, they need a website update. It might as well just be a piece of paper for how little design there is.