Hedgehog Central  Hedgehog pet care & owner forum

Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Carolina Storm Wheel vs Carolina Steam Bucket Wheel (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11167)

HOGwarts 07-21-2011 12:41 PM

Carolina Storm Wheel vs Carolina Steam Bucket Wheel

Has anybody owned both and had a hedgie prefer the other. I think the CSBW would be better because it would be easier for them to push, or is that totally wrong to infer?

So far alls I have noticed is the following:

CSW over the CSBW
-Litter pan (winner!! lol)

CSBW over the CSW
-Smaller size
-Colors

CanadienHedgie 07-21-2011 12:44 PM

Re: Carolina Storm Wheel vs Carolina Steam Bucket Wheel

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12307

MissC 07-21-2011 12:55 PM

Sumo used the CSW when we first got him and we are expecting the CSBW any day...I will post his reaction! BTW, he is using the FS now. ;)

EDIT: Sumo is a BIG boy (550grams) so he's a good test subject for...fluffier...hogs.

LarryT 07-21-2011 01:35 PM

The steam bucket can get hot. :lol:
I have let my hogs use them both, Xena didn't wheel alot with the CSW but with the CSBW she wheels alittle more, didn't notice much difference from the other four hogs. To me the bucket wheels seem to clean up alittle easier, maybe because it's smaller so less cleaning lol.
The CSW is $30 the CSBW is $25 that's a win win. :)

kat 07-21-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryT
The steam bucket can get hot. :lol:
I have let my hogs use them both, Xena didn't wheel alot with the CSW but with the CSBW she wheels alittle more, didn't notice much difference from the other four hogs. To me the bucket wheels seem to clean up alittle easier, maybe because it's smaller so less cleaning lol.
The CSW is $30 the CSBW is $25 that's a win win. :)

i didn't notice the word 'steam' before. but know that i do, i understood your reply :lol:

MissC 07-21-2011 01:42 PM

Does this mean the CSBW doesn't run on steam?? So it's all hedgie-powered? :shock:

Sumo is NOT going to like this. :?

HOGwarts 07-21-2011 09:30 PM

I was just wondering because my hedgehog is a bit small and I feel like the CSW would be harder for him to run on. However, the litter box is such a plus. Is it possible to put one under the CSBW if anyone has one?

LarryT 07-21-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOGwarts
I was just wondering because my hedgehog is a bit small and I feel like the CSW would be harder for him to run on. However, the litter box is such a plus. Is it possible to put one under the CSBW if anyone has one?

I can make you one with the litter pan if you want. ;)

07-21-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOGwarts

How old is you hog? Mine took to them even small to the CSW, but there isn't anything wrong with the CSBW either :)

HOGwarts 07-21-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryT
I can make you one with the litter pan if you want

:0 but the litter pan wouldn't fit rights would it? (the litter box is 12" x 12" about right?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWCOGAR
How old is you hog? Mine took to them even small to the CSW, but there isn't anything wrong with the CSBW either :)

He is almost 9 weeks old, but just fits in the palm of my hand when curled up. note: I have small hands lol.