Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - Was it a hibernation attempt?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 02:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Smorgasson

This forum is awesome btw! I did get a thermometer today and the temp in his bin is 77 degrees. I took him out for runaround time tonight but it found it much more entertaining to crawl into my shoes and use the bathroom...in each shoe. I was working on stuff so I didn't notice right away until the smell wafted over to me. After he made sure both shoes where rightfully and lawfully his he climbed out and wheeled for 30 seconds and decided to try to sleep, so he's getting sleepy again. His belly is warm so I'm not too worried and I just heard him wheeling about 5 minutes ago and I can hear him chomping away at his food right now, but I'll check on him again here shortly. After reading the hibernation threads I started to freak out a bit. The thread about the hedgie, Matt, had me tearing up and had me cuddling with Niles for an hour afterward and I can't even begin to imagine how awful that must be.

Niles the Hedgehog
Birthmonth: October 2013
Been with me since May 2014
Smorgasson is offline   Reply With Quote