Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - Was it a hibernation attempt?
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 11:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Smorgasson

Thanks guys! Yeah he does have a space heater, I keep him in my bathroom (I have a shoe box of an apartment) and his room is usually 5-10 degrees warmer. I still need to get a thermometer (which I'll go purchase today) but I am an avid AC runner, I have a heart problem so I have to make sure it doesn't get too hot for me so it's kind of a double edged sword.

Last night and this morning he's been a lot more energetic. He wheeled a ton last night (as evidenced by his extremely poopy feet and wheel) and drank a bit more water. He claimed one of my pillow cases as his own a couple weeks ago so he's in that in my lap and chomping down on a cricket right now.

Now that I think of it...could stress cause an attempt? Someone at my Bible study wanted to see him so I took him to Bible study (with an one hour or more long car ride.) I was really to only one to hold him directly (one of my friends held him while he was in his pillow case) and I had his food and water with him as well. He slept most of the time, didn't huff and puff too much and seemed pretty relaxed the whole time.

Niles the Hedgehog
Birthmonth: October 2013
Been with me since May 2014
Smorgasson is offline   Reply With Quote