Hedgehog Central banner

CozyWinters Small Animal Heating Pad

5K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Lilysmommy 
#1 ·
http://cozywinters.com/shop/kh-1060.html

Upon recommendation from another user, I ordered this heating mat to try out with Lily. I've only had it for around a month so far (I think, can't remember exactly), but I love it. I have it set underneath Lily's C&C cage, under where her igloo is located. So there's the wire cubes, coroplast, and a one-layer fleece liner between the pad and her igloo. I've put my hand on the fleece over where it is, and found it pleasantly warm, definitely not hot enough to cause even a long-exposure burn. The information I received with the mat said that it warms up to 102 only when there's weight on the mat. When there's no weight, it'll turn off. Obviously having it under my cage, it stays on all the time. I haven't had a chance yet to see how this affects the mat's performance, so far it's doing fine. I love that it doesn't get too hot, and that it also doesn't have an auto-shut off feature like many human heating pads. It's also hard plastic that would be easily cleanable, so it could be kept in the cage without being ruined by water or urine. I'd definitely recommend this product if anyone was looking for supplemental heating for their hedgie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.