Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - Hey From Future Hedgie Owners!
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 03:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Sakura

Send a message via AIM to Sakura
Default Re: Hey From Future Hedgie Owners!

I appreciate that Kelsey!

I impulse bought a guinea pig when I was young. I had it in an aquarium with a wheel and several other bad things. It was a nightmare! I got the help of a woman in a guinea pig rescue via the web, but I learned a lot that day about being impulsive when it comes to ownership of a pet. Now I always make sure I am read up and I frequently enlist the help of more experienced owners well before and after I bring a new baby home. After my big guinea pig-scapade I built a huge C&C cage, took away the wheel and got safe toys, some g-pig buddies, good food, hay, etc. I learned my lesson! I also later realized that guinea pigs were not for me. I took very good care of them up until they all passed away [I even saved one from death row], but I knew that I had made a mistake and that they would be my last guinea pigs.

Now I make sure I know as much as I can before I bring a new baby home. There is no such thing as "too prepared". I'm so glad someone pointed this site out to me. A regular godsend!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome.

2 Dogs - Apollo & Kuma
1 Cat - Nyx
1 Rabbit - Michiko
1 Bird - Phoenix
2 Sugar Gliders - Kami & Yasuo
1 Hamster - Robo

Proud Air Force Family
Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote