Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - Anyone own or ride horeses? :)
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 12:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
SpikeMoose

What a beautiful girl, and great story! I'm so glad you found each other!
My home is a 250 acre horse farm, and it would take all day to talk about each amazing creature on the farm. There are currently 37 horses, both privately owned and boarded and those that belong to the farm/lesson program.
My man is a 17 year old thoroughbred gelding named Zeus, that I rescued eleven years ago from a farm that left him out in a field with worms because he was "hot" - aka acted like a young untrained racehorse. I got him and my vet told us to prepare for the worst- he was 500lb's underweight and could barely stand. Now he's chunky, sweet, and amazing to ride! He still takes pleasure in a nice big buck after every cross country jump... Some never grow up!
I work, ride, and care for all the horses but he'll always have a special place in my heart as my first "officially" all-mine horse.
We rave everything from imported German dressage horses to 4 y/o off the track rescues who still don't know how to do anything but run. As I type I can see out my window that someone, I won't judge who cough*Dewy*cough, has ripped their blanket off. If I look at the barn from the house I will always discover something new to do! Hehehe
-Anatole France
SpikeMoose is offline   Reply With Quote