Advice for surgery on 3.5 yr old--female, uterine tumor
My 3.5 year old girl Nara has been experiencing uterine bleeding.
The vet says it's uterine and has given me Clavamox and Metacam for the time being.
They gassed her and took xrays and did blood work, also gave her a mani/pedi while she was out.
Vet says they can see the tumor on the xray but thinks it is only uterine right now.
Haven't got the results back from the blood work, not sure what that might show--maybe elevated liver or kidney levels?
I know several of you have had a LOT of experience in spaying but Nara will be 4 years old in July. The vet says it's kind of risky since she's an "older gal".
Right now she is eating, running, pooping and peeing normally. In fact, she is mellowing out and not being her normal huffy self.
I am not sure if I should risk surgery now or wait.
Any advice is appreciated. The quill-ball owns my heart and I don't want to lose her, but she doesn't seem to be suffering.
I have been on this site and seen so many hedgies lost to tumors and cancer and it's my turn now.