Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - ultrasound images...
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 05:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lussy

Default ultrasound images...

Dear all...
Unariccia and I wanted to share with you all the really cool images doctors took yesterday when Unariccia had her very first ultrasound scan.
in 2 years and 3 months since she was born, she happened to bleed while peeing only twice. last time it occurred when I "rescued" her from my parents' house where they babysit her for one week while I was away.
My mom freaked out coz she felt like she did something wrong and caused the bleeding....and in order to alm her down I decided to go to the vet and have Unariccia checked.
the Doc told me that a minor Endometritis (infection of the inner lining of the uterus) might be the cause of this very occasional bleeding...he suggested in the future she might get spayed :'(
but I was wondering, why cannot this be treated with antibiotics, since it's caused by bacteria that climbed up from the outside? why the only solution is spaying?
anyway, have a look at the images of Unariccia's organs....her tiny lovely heart moved me to tears!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bladder 2 (800x652).jpg (154.9 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg Bladder and uterus (800x652).jpg (152.5 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg heart 2 (800x652).jpg (143.5 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg intestine (800x652).jpg (128.9 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg right kidney (800x652) (2).jpg (148.2 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg spleen, liver and cholecyst (800x652).jpg (151.5 KB, 30 views)

[/url]
Lussy is offline   Reply With Quote