Ceramic dishes from Petsmart & Pet Supplies Plus - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2011, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Default Ceramic dishes from Petsmart & Pet Supplies Plus

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.j ... oduct+Type

http://www.amazon.com/Kidney-Shaped-Rep ... B000MCZVCI (because PSP doesn't have a site that'll show individual items)

The first link, I have the blue bowl. I use it for Lily's water and it was her first food bowl. I never had any issues with them. They were big enough to hold enough food and water (for her, but she doesn't drink much), and heavy enough that I've never had issues with her knocking them over. They're also pretty low (not sure on dimensions, but they're around 2-3 inches wide and maybe an inch high at most), so she could easily reach her food/water.

The second one I bought at my work, Pet Supplies Plus. It's Lily's new food bowl, and I love it. I put her kibble on one end of it and her wet food (baby food, wet cat food, etc.) on the other end, sometimes with extra treats (like watermelon, recently) in the middle. It's also pretty low, at about an inch high, and she doesn't have any issues knocking it over or trying to reach her food.

RIP my sweet Lily ~ 6/12/08 - 1/20/12
Lilysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Ceramic dishes from Petsmart & Pet Supplies Plus

I have the kidney bean shaped bowl that Kelsey linked to and I absolutely love it.

I bought it at a local pet store, but noticed the other day that Petco sells them now.

This bowl is seriously perfect for water - its almost impossible to tip over if you set it right next to the cage wall. Its large enough to hold enough water to last over a day. It's super easy to clean since its ceramic. Love it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kidney shaped bowl.jpg (9.6 KB, 897 views)

This message was brought to you by Mildred the Hedgehog's slave, Hannah! ^.^
hanhan27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Christemo

I have the itty bitty bowl from there and use it for treats. Does the job well.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/tranquills
Check out Tranquills for all your hedgehog needs! Including... TUTUS!
https://christineschramm.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
Christemo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 10:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rescue

You may want to find out where the bowls are made. I do not trust anything coming from China or surrounding countries. Of course with a bowl one is not going to notice anything very soon, as the leaching of heavy metals into food and water takes a while to cause cancer, but it does not take very much of a toxin to affect an animal that only weighs one pound. Here at our rescue we use only Pyrex bowls. Naturally, once you find something that works, the manufacturer discontinues it. I have already cleaned out the outlet stores around the USA. EBay is all that is left. Our bowls are pictured on our web site at www.hedgieflash.org on the Little Flash page.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

petsmart also has a heavy weighted ceramic dish that is slanted on oneside.. They are not on the website but i believe they are living world. They are no tip dishes. I have 2 one orange one green. I have the small one you have in the pic from petsmart but chloe easily tips it over so i just use it for treats..
newfie_nurse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have the bigger version of the small bowls in an egg shell cream color, and they work great Teddy Bear cant tip them over and They are very sturdy, and trust me, I've dropped them plenty of times
TeddysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

I bought ceramic dishes from wal-mart in the pet section. They are the perfect height and so far Shooter hasn't been able to tip them over. Also, as an idea for someone on a budget, my mom picked up glass ash trays from wal-mart as a spare bowl if anything happened to my other for 98 cents each. They are super heavy and the perfect size. (I know its kind of weird but it will get me through in a pinch)
Old 02-27-2012, 02:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have 2 of the dishes that Kelsey linked from petsmart, and they both work great so far. I have one of the bigger ones (maybe about 4 inches in diameter) that I use for water because I can keep it shallower and still make sure that Kazooie is getting enough water. The other (2 inches in diameter?) I use for food and it is the perfect size. Kazooie hasn't tipped either yet, and she does a lot of digging and walking through them, so that's a plus!

coribelle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanhan27
I have the kidney bean shaped bowl that Kelsey linked to and I absolutely love it.

I bought it at a local pet store, but noticed the other day that Petco sells them now.

This bowl is seriously perfect for water - its almost impossible to tip over if you set it right next to the cage wall. Its large enough to hold enough water to last over a day. It's super easy to clean since its ceramic. Love it!
I may have to find this one.... Durzo for the first time last night tipped over his water. Right now he just has this - which is very small and easy to tip due to the width. http://www.amazon.com/Vo-Toys-Hamster-B ... 027&sr=1-4

EtherealRose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 04:26 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanhan27

I just got this in the mail today from Amazon - works perfectly! I use it for food and it works well.
Also bought this size small - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0035H ... 00_details for his water. They are both easy to clean and haven't tipped so far!

EtherealRose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in